TEMES works closely with universities and other educational organizations in Greece and abroad and supports an extensive scholarship program for young students from Messinia, aimed at providing local communities with continuous training, personal development and wider access to knowledge.
Our activities in the field of education include:
- Establishing the department of Marine Archaeology at the University of Peloponnese.
- Funding the construction of a new wing at the University of Peloponnese, which will be named after Captain Vassilis Constantakopoulos.
- Inaugurating in 2000 the Center of Hellenic Studies at the University of Beijing (China) and supporting its activities ever since.
- Establishing, in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce, an institution providing educational programs and professional training in the field of tourism in Messinia.
- A strategic partnership between ALBA Graduate Business School at The American College of Greece and Costa Navarino for an MSc in Tourism Management.
Moreover, TEMES supports educational projects focusing on environmental and sustainability issues in cooperation with local authorities and other organizations.